Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 43: June 12th, 2010

Vincent



Yes...it is another short film.

Back from camping, yet still watching movies. I'm glad I've put a use to throwing videos on my iPod. I was hoping to get in a feature film, but I was having fun and such, so decided to watch this.

An early short from a well known director well before their career. Even without me telling you or seeing his name anywhere, you should be able to tell from the picture that this is from that cooky artist, Tim Burton.

This tells the story of a young boy named Vincent, who wants to be, or believes he is Vincent Price. The story is narrated, coincidentally by Price himself. It was obviously a tribute to the man himself and his body of work with a dash of Edgar Allen Poe thrown in.

The animation is wonderful and bizarre, exactly what you would expect. You can clearly see the resemblance to the film Corpse Bride and more inspirations for Nightmare Before Christmas. On a little side note, if you wish to see this, just go to youtube or pop in the Nightmare Before Christmas dvd, it's a special feature.

This short shows how much of a talent Burton is and he has obviously crafted his skills to much greater things. I can see this be a full length feature, but as it stands, it's perfect as a short.

Watch this one A.S.A.P

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment